Friday, 23 October 2009
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
- headache (computer overuse, worry, eye strain)
- sinusitis (infection of the sinuses - reduced immune defences)
- recurring colds (reduced defences due to prolonged & sustained stress)
- palpitations (anxiety - a number of different causes)
- skin problems (stress, anxiety, worry)
- hair loss (worry, anxiety, stress, poor diet, hormonal influences)
Much of the work of herbalists involves examining stress and addressing symptoms of stress within a holistic context. Herbs can be a powerful and effective remedy. Examining lifestyle choices (diet, exercise, recreational pursuits, relaxation techniques, hobbies etc...) can give real meaning to lives of patients so that they are empowered to make improvements so that they can achieve a sustainable and manageable work-life balance.
Contact http://www.nimh.org.uk/ for more advice on herbal remedies for tackling stress or the Federation of Holistic Therapists (http://www.fht.org.uk/) for other supportive therapies in coping with stress-related symptoms and general holistic counselling.